The holidays are right around the corner, and you know what that means: family visits, company potlucks, and seasonal events that have you breaking out your favorite shareable recipes. To lend a hand, we’ve got a dish that’s absolutely perfect to share and will get you more compliments than your singing snowman sweater. Better yet, this recipe brings seven vegan foods together to create one super dip, and it’s only one dish to wash later! Meet WayFare’s vegan 7 layer bean dip, aka your tortilla chips’ new best friend.
This appetizer is easy to make (it takes under 10 minutes to whip up) and uses our top-notch dairy free products to make a delicious, vegan platter. The average layered bean dip usually includes queso and sour cream, two condiments that typically aren’t on a vegan grocery shopping list. Luckily, we have the best cheese sauce and sour cream substitutes to make your favorite dishes vegan-friendly. We took two of our fan-favorite products, WayFare’s Cheddar Sauce and Sour Cream, and swapped out their dairy-based counterparts to create our vegan 7 layer bean dip recipe. Our twist on this classic keeps the signature creamy, savory flavors you know, and you won’t even miss the dairy!
What we love about our vegan 7 layer bean dip recipe is that it can be enjoyed hot or cold. So if you end up having leftovers after watching the big game, you can refrigerate it and enjoy it chilled the next day. Pro-tip, if you want to enjoy our 7 layer dip in a tasty, new way, dollop a generous serving in a warm corn or flour tortilla and munch on this dip in burrito form—olé!
Vegan 7 Layer Bean Dip
- 1 16-oz can of vegan refried beans
- ¾ cup of either WayFare Cheddar Cheese Sauce or Nacho Cheddar with Jalapeños
- 1 cup of guacamole, either store-bought or homemade (for homemade, try this recipe)
- 1 cup of vegan salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 cup of WayFare Dairy Free Sour Cream
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- ⅛ cup fresh, chopped cilantro
- To assemble the dip, spread warm refried beans evenly in a medium-sized serving dish.
- Warm WayFare’s Cheddar for 20 to 30 seconds in the microwave so it is easy to drizzle. Top the refried beans with the vegan cheese sauce.
- Dollop WayFare’s Sour Cream on top of the cheese layer and spread to cover.
- Next, layer the guacamole on top of the sour cream layer and smooth over the other layers.
- Spoon salsa over the guacamole layer evenly.
- Sprinkle the black olives and cilantro over the top of the guacamole layer.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips and veggies, or cover and refrigerate.
Whip Up This Recipe with WayFare
Ready to serve up this dish of savory goodness? Shop our vegan foods online today! From puddings to cream cheese to yogurt, our dairy free products make plant-based eating simple, amazing, and, most importantly, delicious. Shop online or find WayFare in a store near you!