OPEN POSITIONS - Nebraska City, NE
Food Safety and Quality Manager
WayFare Health Foods is an innovative manufacturer of plant-based, dairy-free foods. Headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, WayFare strives to help people live, and live more abundantly, by creating foods that promote health, wellbeing, and joy. The current line of products includes plant-based, ready-to-eat cream cheeses, dips, sour cream, butters, cheddar sauces, and puddings that are sold in retail locations in certain parts of the U.S., including the northeast and mid-Atlantic states, Montana, parts of Washington, and California. WayFare products are also used as ingredients by major food service companies and in restaurants throughout the nation. WayFare’s corporate headquarters is located in Bozeman, MT, while the manufacturing plant is in Nebraska City, NE.
The Food Quality and Safety Manager is responsible for leading and directing all facets of the production facility’s quality and food safety functions. The position oversees all food safety regulations, policies, and procedures. This critical role helps to enhance, maintain and enforce security and food safety standards, policies and programs including food safety, regulatory, and other third-party audits, food safety training programs, standard operating procedures (SOPs), product inspections, and standardized work instructions.
- Develop and maintain a quality management program to drive improvement across the organization and align with industry best practices and BRC standards for GFSI
- Supervise Quality Team (FSQA Specialist and Quality Technician) and Sanitation Team
- Implement food safety and quality systems; ensure adherence on the manufacturing line
- Write policies, SOPs, and SSOPs and create logs and forms when necessary
- Audit adherence to policies, SOPs, and SSOPS and the completion of food quality and safety logs, ensuring compliance
- Monitor to ensure that Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Hazard Analysis and Risk-based Preventive Controls (HARPC), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs), allergen programs, formulations, and finished product meet specification
- Coordinate testing of product for micros and broadcast results
- Supervise quality aspects of equipment commissioning
- Conduct, organize, and track food safety and quality employee trainings and mock recalls
- Complete all functions related to organic and kosher certification and liaise with relevant organizations
- Meet with regulatory agencies and represent WayFare during external audits
- Coordinate testing of product for claims, as appropriate (i.e. gluten)
- Ensure that receiving and shipping procedures for incoming and outgoing finished products and raw materials are in compliance with quality and safety standards
- Coordinate with Purchasing to confirm compliance with all purchasing-related BRC standards and to identify quality criteria for all sourced raw and packaging materials
- Collaborate with Purchasing to drive improvements in supplier quality
- Provide guidance and recommend solutions for supplier-related quality issues
- Assist R&D with product development and/or product/process improvement projects
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback
- Deliver solutions to internal teams for quality related production issues
- Provide direction on corrective actions around consumer feedback
- Produce CAPAs on food safety and quality issues when necessary
- Maintain and drive a safe working environment throughout the manufacturing facility
- Embody a vision and mission to build a world class safety and quality program
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Engineering or Food Science preferred); Master’s Degree Preferred
- A minimum of 5 years quality experience in a manufacturing environment in fast moving consumer goods required
- Current PCQI Certification
- A background in GFSI audits, preferably BRC
- Experience in Organic and Kosher Certification
- Understanding of FDA regulations, HARPC/HACCP, GMPs, SOPs
- 2+ years’ quality assurance lab experience
- Ability to effectively build productive, efficient, engaged teams
- Focused and driven to deliver agreed targets on revenue and margin
- Expert-level problem solving and analytical abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills: written and verbal
- Collaborative style and inclination
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to apply statistical process control concepts
If you think you'd be a good fit, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
OPEN POSITIONS - Bozeman, MT
Management Accountant (CPA)
WayFare Health Foods is an innovative manufacturer of plant-based, dairy free foods. Headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, this progressive plant-based food company exists to improve the lives of people, the environment, and animals. We believe plant-based living can reverse disease and enable longer, healthier, and happier lives. The current line of products includes plant-based, ready-to-eat cream cheeses, dips, sour cream, butter, and puddings that are sold in retail locations in many parts of the U.S. and used as ingredients by restaurants and bakeries in the U.S. and Canada.
The Management Accountant collects and analyzes data as it relates to sales, cost of goods, trade and marketing spend, and operational costs. This role also tracks, compiles, analyzes, and prepares various reports for the CFO, management and the board as required. This role will also work closely with sales in the collection, analysis and management of trade spend along with other various function as required in this small but rapidly growing business.
- Plans, studies, and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor as they relate to the operation and performance of products. Seek out opportunities to increase efficiency.
- Records cost information for use in tracking and controlling expenditures.
- Estimates new and proposed product costs as they relate to new products or opportunities.
- Performs new customer product costing modeling.
- Coordinates company and departmental budgets, working with department heads and the CEO to model, input data, and update.
- Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Works closely with sales to ensure the capture, recording and reconciliation of trade spend programs & customer rebates and to provide monthly reports.
- Assists in month end close of the General Ledger and preparing financial statements as required
- Works directly with project teams to create, continuously refine, and update project financial models and proformas.
- Tracks capital expenditure budgets.
- Supervises procurement planning, purchasing requests, inventory management, traceability reporting, and guaranteed product.
- Manages inventory management software (users, new part/product creation), integrations, customer/vendor settings, costing, troubleshooting).
- Works closely with bookkeeper in tracking production and inventory management.
- Performs new employee set up (email address, computer, software introduction).
- Tracks yields/waste.
- Develops and pulls reports from QuickBooks and Fishbowl.
- Checks vendor invoices against purchase orders and follows-up on variances with appropriate person.
- Reconciles Accounts Payable and Receivable against Purchase Orders, Supplier Statements, Customer Statements and General Ledger.
- Reviews monthly aged AR and AP reports, follows-up as required, and informs CFO of any significant issues.
- Assists CFO with various accounting and finance tasks.
- Performs other duties as required. This list of responsibilities and duties is not all inclusive and may change over time.
- CPA Certification
- CMA Certification a plus
- Knowledge of cost accounting and generally accepted accounting principles
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position; accounting experience in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Experience using enterprise resource planning (ERP) system preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- IT background a plus
- Able to work independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent task prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
- Good time management skills and ability to meet deadlines.
Core Competencies Required:
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and strategic, analytical, reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Internal Drive – the desire for excellence
- Accountability – the ability to follow through on an established obligation and a willingness to accept responsibility of the outcome
- Communication – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in writing, through spoken words and sentences, and the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Interpersonal - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do; being flexible; and, listening to others with full attention, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Reasoning — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one; and, combining pieces of information and applying general rules to problems to produce answers/conclusions that make sense.
- Problem Solving - Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management and Attendance - Managing one's own time and consistently reporting to work, meetings, or other scheduled events in a timely manner; and, notifying others appropriately of planned or unplanned absences and tardiness.
If you think you'd be a good fit, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.