National Foodservice Sales Manager
WayFare Health Foods is an innovative manufacturer of plant-based, dairy-free foods dedicated to inspiring plant-based living. Headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, WayFare strives to help people live, and live more abundantly, by creating foods that taste amazing and promote health and wellbeing.
The current line of products includes plant-based, ready-to-eat cream cheeses, dips, sour cream, butter and puddings that are sold in retail locations in many parts of the U.S., including the northeast and mid-Atlantic states, and California. WayFare products are also used as ingredients by foodservice companies and in restaurants in the U.S. and Canada.
- Develop channel strategies with the CEO for industrial, QSRs, fast casual, corporate, and institutional operators, including tactics for trial and conversion.
- Develop and nurture a robust network of US distributors, creating educational and incentivization programs for distributors’ sales teams to optimize best product practices and application with widespread trial and adoption.
- Help corporate customers inspire, educate, and promote WayFare co-branding among operators throughout the US.
- Manage customer accounts with consistent and frequent interaction, creating opportunities to introduce new products; proactively mitigate and solve complaints; and optimize placement and culinary use of WayFare products.
- Research, source, and analyze data to uncover insights for use in creating and shaping foodservice strategy and tactics.
- Deliver budgeted growth in the industrial and foodservice markets by working with end users, brokers, distributors, and other customers to plan and execute the sales and marketing plans of the organization.
- Develop and implement Customer Account Plans that assess the business results and identify key opportunities and a strategy for growth.
- Work closely with Marketing to create Strategic Growth Plans based on identifying new customer prospects in the industrial and foodservice channel and subsectors.
- Establish sales quotas; manage and train selected distributors to achieve annual business goals.
- Present products, conduct competitive cuttings, and use other related information with clients to gain sales and establish accounts by emphasizing salable features and the quality advantage of our products versus the competition.
- Serve as primary contact with key customers and represent the company at trade shows and association meetings to promote products and services.
- Prepare reports and analyze sales statistics to determine sales potential, inventory requirements, and customer preferences.
- Participate in developing customer presentation materials that demonstrate the value proposition compared to competitive set.
- Work with Supply Chain to ensure optimum service levels for customer needs.
- Execute headquarters’ plans while seeking increased volume opportunities and utilizing expertise to maximize portfolio performance and overall category growth. Influencing cross functional areas including Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the Food Service and/or Industrial industry
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (particularly PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of budgeting and budget tracking principles
- Able to network and communicate with confidence in a variety of situations with assorted levels of leadership both internally and externally. Successful in navigating through and thriving in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Possessing of a strong list of contacts and previous relationships with foodservice operators to leverage in opening the door to discussions and eventual distribution of branded opportunities and ingredient sales to target companies and operators
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Elevated ability to work across internal teams, including R&D, Operations, Marketing, Retail Sales, and Senior Management to ensure alignment on ideation and excellent execution of industrial and food service sector strategy
- Culinary Depth: Strong, practical knowledge of culinary best practices. Able to effectively communicate these profiles to and adapt for various customers, including executive teams, food scientists, purchasers, and supply chain managers.
- Travel required to customers and distributors min 50%
OPEN POSITIONS – Nebraska City, NE
Warehouse Operations Manager
WayFare Health Foods is an innovative manufacturer of plant-based, dairy-free foods. Headquartered in Bozeman, Montana, the family-owned company strives to help people live more abundantly, by creating foods that promote health, wellbeing, and joy. The current range of products include plant-based ready-to-eat, cream cheeses, dips, sour cream, butter, cheddar sauces, and puddings that are sold in retail locations across the U.S.A. WayFare products are also used as ingredients by major food service companies and in restaurants throughout the nation.
The Warehouse Operations Manager, based in Nebraska City, NE, is a critical part of the WayFare plant. Responsibility for the warehouse portion of the plant includes, but is not limited to, quality control, inventory management; raw materials and packaging receiving and tracking; handling finished goods; and ensuring the smooth operations of outbound shipping. The Warehouse Operations Manager role requires leadership, creativity, tenacity, initiative, flexibility, appreciation of physical labor, a buoyant attitude, and efficiency. Occasional evening and weekend work is required within the position.
- Coordinate the preparation of orders to ship by building pallets from wrapped finished products
- Ensure customer POs are ready for pickup on time
- Respond promptly to delivery appointments with a customer service mindset
- Alert production/Bozeman of potential product shorts, out-of-date product, and QC issues
- Perform quality checks on all raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
- Manage all receiving in an efficient and organized manner
- Coordinate the inspection of all outbound and inbound trucks
- Track ongoing inventory; perform regular physical counts of raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
- Complete required documents and logs
- Support the Bozeman corporate office (coordinate on freight arrangements, inventory, purchasing needs)
- Supervise the segregation of organic and conventional materials
- Maintain strict cleanliness and organization of all areas of the chilled and dry warehouses, according to GFSI standards
- Oversee waste disposal
- Become an SME in all policies, procedures, and logs relevant to areas of responsibility
- Interface with and support the QA Team
- Seek continuous improvement of all internal systems; search for opportunities to increase efficiencies; make recommendations
- Support other departments as needed
- Perform other duties as required. This list of responsibilities and duties is not all inclusive and may change over time.
Core Deliverables Required:
- Understand and implement comprehensive inventory management systems
- Read and calculate quantities accurately
- Understand and apply GMP principles
- Lift weights of up to 50 lbs. repetitively and 80 lbs. occasionally
- Operate a forklift safely
- Understand and use critical control points
- Read, understand, and execute pallet loading instructions
- Use a computer and computer programs with literacy
- Possess a Valid Driver’s License
- Manage detail to ensure accurate shipments
- English reading and writing skills sufficient to read, understand, and complete relevant documents
Core Competencies Required:
- Problem Sensitivity – the ability to determine when something is wrong or likely to go wrong
- Internal Drive – the desire for excellence
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help people and function as a team player
- Accountability – the ability to follow through on an established obligation and a willingness to accept responsibility of the outcome
- Perseverance – the ability to continue in some effort or course of action in spite of difficulty or opposition
- Communication – the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented in writing, through spoken words and sentences, and the ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Time Management and Attendance – Managing one’s own time and consistently reporting to work, meetings, or other scheduled events in a timely manner; and, notifying others appropriately of planned or unplanned absences and tardiness.
If you think you’d be a good fit, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.