This colorful and nutritious salad is super easy to make on a hot summer day as a meal or a side dish! With crunchy raw vegetables and creamy garlic dressing using WayFare Sour Cream, this is one tasty and refreshing salad. Make this beautiful salad for a potluck, picnic, or just for yourself! It’s as nutritious as it is pretty.
WayFare Rainbow Raw Thai Salad
With Garlic, Ginger, Peanut Dressing
1 medium zucchini, julienned or spiraled
2 large carrots, julienned or shredded
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
1 lb. firm tofu, cubed (1package)
2 Tbsp WayFare Salted Whipped Butter, melted
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 green onions thinly sliced
1 tsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp hemp seeds
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lay parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Drain tofu and cut into cubes
- Combine melted butter and lemon juice. Add salt and garlic powder, then stir.
- Coat tofu Cubes in resulting sauce, then spread them evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine and mix together julienned or spiraled zucchini, carrots, peppers, and cabbage.
- Top with baked tofu, green onions, hemp and sesame seeds. Serve with Garlic, Ginger, Peanut Dressing. (see below)
Garlic, Ginger Peanut Dressing
1 garlic clove, minced (or more, to taste)
1-2 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp tamari
3 Tbsp water
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/2 cup WayFare Dairy Free Sour Cream
Whisk or blend first 7 ingredients. Then stir in WayFare Sour Cream.