Once you make this apple sour cream cake, everyone will be begging for this recipe! It’s one you’ll surely make for years to come.It’s soft and tender, and loaded with apples and cinnamon in every bite. Our Dairy Free Sour Cream lends a soft and subtle tang to this delicious apple cake recipe. The best part? It’s completely plant-based!
7 Tbsp WayFare Salted Whipped Butter
2 cups peeled, sliced apples (McIntosh are best)
1 1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg replacer
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup WayFare Sour Cream
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Caramel Glaze (optional):
3/4 cups WayFare Salted Whipped Butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup dairy free milk
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare tube pan with oil.
1. Melt 3 Tbsp WayFare Dairy Free Salted Whipped Butter in a heavy skillet. Add sliced apples and cook on low heat about 6 minutes, until tender, stirring gently. Stir in cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside to cool.
2. Prepare flax egg, or your choice of egg replacer, and set aside.
3. Place WayFare Dairy Free Sour Cream and baking soda in a small bowl. Stir well. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Cream remaining butter, sugar, and egg substitute together. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the wet and dry combinations together. Then add the sour cream mixture and stir.
5. Pour half of the mixed cake batter into a well greased tube pan. Gently spread the apple mixture on top. Then, spoon the remaining batter over the apples.
6. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.
7. Drizzle on Glaze (optional).
Serve warm or cold. Top with your favorite dairy free whipped cream or ice cream.
- In a small pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and dairy free milk.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, then reduce to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Let boil for 10 minutes, continue stirring.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla. Stir. Let cool.
- Once caramel glaze has cooled a bit, pour over the top of cake.