Curried Fritters are great as an appetizer or light snack. They’re lightly fried in our Dairy Free Salted Whipped Butter, giving them a slight crunch on the outside, but are soft and flavorful on the inside. Fritters are great to mix up with different flavors. Instead of zucchini you can use sauteed spinach, or sweet potato. The possibilities are endless, so have fun with it! Top them off with our Dairy Free Sour Cream for a nice cool finish.
1 medium onion, finely diced
3 zucchini, grated
1 cup whole wheat or chickpea flour
1/2 cup water (optional)
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
1 tsp mild curry powder
WayFare Salted Whipped Butter for frying
- Saute the diced onion in WayFare Salted Whipped Butter until translucent.
- Grate the zucchini with a hand grater using the large holes.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. The moisture from the zucchini should make everything the right consistency however you may need to add up to half a cup of water.
- Let the mixture sit for around 20 minutes in the fridge, then stir again. This helps the fritters stick together better, but if you’re in a hurry, you can skip this step.
- Form the Fritters into flat circles and fry in WayFare Salted Whipped Butter in a hot pan (preferably non-stick) for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce or WayFare Sour Cream