Green Bean Casserole
Mostly spotted around the holidays, this recipe will make you want to make green bean casserole year-round!
Makes 4 to 6 servings
1.5 cups WayFare Sour Cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp cornstarch or tapioca starch
4 Tbsp nutritional yeast, divided
1 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy milk
1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
1 tablespoon WayFare Butter
1 medium onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
10 ounces white button or cremini mushrooms, sliced
1-pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350° and lightly oil an 8″x8″ casserole dish.
2. Mix together the WayFare Sour Cream, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, cornstarch, non-dairy milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a high-speed blender or food processor until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
3. Heat the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for about 10 minutes, until it begins to caramelize.
4. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and green beans to the pan along with the other 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cover and let cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
5. While the vegetables are cooking, mix the breadcrumbs with the remaining 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast. Set aside.
6. Remove the vegetables from the heat and mix in the sour cream mixture.
7. Pour the mixture into the casserole dish and top with the breadcrumb mixture.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top is golden and the casserole is bubbly.
9. Serve hot.