This Valentine’s Day, make these decadent, gooey, fudgey brownies for your loved one. These brownies are made with WayFare’s Dairy Free Salted Whipped Butter, making them a great alternative for those with food allergies. They’re sweet, they’re chocolaty, and they’re going to go fast! Maybe make a batch for that special someone and a batch made special just for you!
“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
- 4 tablespoons ground flax or 4 egg replacers
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup WayFare Salted Whipped Butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-dairy chocolate chips or roughly chopped chocolate pieces.
- Prepare the egg replacers or set up the flax eggs by stirring the ground flax and water in a small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line a 7×11 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream the melted butter, sugars, vanilla, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking soda, then stir thoroughly.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Top with chocolate chips or pieces.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let brownies cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- For extra decadence, top with dairy free ice cream!