You no longer have to eat plain baked potatoes just because you don’t eat dairy. With WayFare’s delicious salted whipped butter, sour cream and mouthwatering cheddar cheese, you can now enjoy the perfect side with your meal!
6-8 Medium Potatoes (Russets or Golden)
¼ cup melted WayFare Salted Whipped Butter (for potato skins)
1 ½ Cups WayFare Cheddar (Cheddar, Nacho, or Jalapeño)
½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Wash and dry potatoes, then pierce each several times with a fork.
- Rub with oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cut each potato lengthwise.
- Let cool for 10 minutes until you can handle them.
- Leaving ¼ inch of potato with the skin, use a spoon to scoop cooked potato and place in a bowl.
- Brush emptied potato skins with melted WayFare Salted Whipped Butter and place on a cooking sheet.
- For filling, mash excess cooked potato.
- Add WayFare Salted Whipped Butter, WayFare Cheddar, and salt.
- Mix well, scoop into potato shells, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven when starting to brown.
- Add WayFare Sour Cream and chives to garnish.
Dairy cheese can be addictive, and addictions can be hard to break. We wanted to make it easy to break the habit, but we knew it would take a miracle to accomplish the task. We believe in miracles and think you will too when you try our plant based cheddar cheese!
Try it on nachos, in a grilled cheese sandwich, with macaroni, on potatoes, or any other way you can think of. The delicious flavor will satisfy all of your senses.