Yes, you read that right! Dairy free lasagna has arrived! This incredible lasagna features WayFare’s Dairy Free Sour Cream and Dairy Free Cheddar Cheese. It’s packed with all the familiar flavors you love in traditional lasagna, but reinvented to be dairy free and completely plant-based. Your family and friends will love this recipe, whether they have food sensitivities or not. Don’t expect to have leftovers.
1½ quarts marinara sauce (2 jars)
2lbs (2 packs) very firm tofu, crumbled
2 cups WayFare Sour Cream
2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
10 oz chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
1½ cups onion, chopped, sautéed
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1½ tsp salt
2 cups plant-based meat of choice, crumbled or sliced (meatloaf, burger, sausage, etc)
2 cups thinly sliced zucchini (summer squash, eggplant) or any vegetables you prefer, sautéed slightly
1 cup WayFare melted Cheddar or Jalapeno Cheese
12-16 lasagna noodles cooked (do not overcook).
Preheat oven to 400° F. Prepare 9″ X 13″ casserole dish.
1. Mix “ricotta” layer ingredients together.
– Cover bottom of casserole dish with sauce. Spread 3 or 4 noodles flat.
– Add meat layer, ricotta layer, more sauce.
– Spread 3 or 4 more noodles.
– Add vegetable layer, remaining ricotta, and sauce
– Spread 4 final noodles and add a thin layer of sauce.
– Top with melted WayFare Cheese (We spoon it on)
3. Cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 15 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before serving.