You’ve never tasted cookies this chewy and delicious! Perfect for Christmas and all year round! The secret to this recipe is allowing time for the melted butter to soak into the sugar.
1 cup sugar plus ¼ cup for dipping (we prefer evaporated cane sugar)
1/4 cup molasses
1 egg replacer
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
1 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place first cup of sugar into a large bowl.
- Pour the melted butter over the sugar. Stir until incorporated.
- While the butter soaks into the sugar, prepare the egg replacer and grease two cookie sheets.
- Add the molasses to the butter/sugar combination and mix well.
- Add the egg replacer and mix again.
- Sprinkle the salt onto the mixture and stir it in.
- Add the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger, then mix.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and stir again.
- Add the flour and combine well.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- Make 3/4” balls from the dough and roll them in the small bowl of sugar until they're well coated.
- Place balls on greased baking sheet. Press tops of balls down slightly.
- Bake 10 minutes, then let cool for at least 5 minutes. Makes approximately 15 cookies.
Plant-Based Dairy Free Butter
Our creamy, buttery spread proves that the simplest pleasures can bring the most joy. Sea-salted and whipped, our plant-based butter is simply irresistible. Slather it on toast, warm muffins or anywhere you’d like to add some buttery goodness. This is the best plant-based butter we’ve tasted, plus it’s dairy free, vegan, kosher, nut free, and soy free. You’ll be in love at first bite!