Everybody loves french fries! Whether they are homemade or made from your favorite frozen fry, they’re a quick and delicious snack or appetizer. We’ve taken your everyday french fry and kicked them up a couple notches by adding our deliciously creamy WayFare Jalapeno Cheddar and adding loaded toppings like onions, tomatoes, sour cream, vegan bacon or whatever else you can dream up! We recommend making extra . . they’ll go fast!
5 Russet potatoes for homemade fries or use a frozen, 20 oz bag of fries (feeds 4-5)
2 Tbsp WayFare Salted Whipped Butter, melted (if opting for homemade fries)
Salt and other seasonings, if desired (garlic powder, pepper, paprika, etc)
1 cup WayFare Cheddar (Cheddar, Jalapeno, or Nacho), melted
4 strips vegan bacon, fried and broken into pieces
1 fresh jalapeno, cut into small strips, or chopped
2 green onions chopped
1-2 tomatoes, sliced (optional)
1 avocado, sliced or diced (optional)
1/2 cup WayFare Sour Cream (optional)
- If opting for homemade fries, preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut potatoes into equal size wedges. Fill a large bowl with water and soak wedges for 10 minutes. Drain and let dry.
- Transfer dried off potatoes to a large bowl. Pour melted WayFare Salted Whipped Butter over the potatoes. Add salt and any other spices desired, then toss together.
- Spread to coated potatoes in a single layer on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes. Turn over, then bake for another 20 minutes or util golden brown.
- If opting for frozen fries, cook as the package directs.
- Fry vegan bacon in WayFare Salted Whipped Butter. Once cooled, chop into bits.
- Dice green onions and jalapeno. Melt WayFare Cheddar.
- Once potatoes are done cooking, place in a shallow baking dish.
- Pour on the melted cheese and top with vegan bacon, green onions, and jalapenos, plus any other extras you like.